The Dgroups Partners Annual Meeting, held online on 3 December 2014, was organized to present members the activities undertaken by the Dgroups Foundation during this year and to discuss and identify priorities for 2015 with the larger Dgroups membership.
In total, 12 participants representing 9 Dgroups partners joined the virtual meeting.
The agenda of the meeting was organized following the 9 work areas of the Dgroups work plan. For each work area, progress made in 2014 was presented by the relevant Board members – followed by discussion and conversation on priorities for 2015.
Amongst others, priorities for next year include:
- Continue to support Dgroups platform developments following a user driven, transparent process, carried out via the [redesign] community;
- Identify, through [redesign] on how Dgroups can benefit from the API to keep growing and meeting the needs of partners;
- Seek feedback through [redesign] on what the key needs are for easily accessible statistics – and how to be less reliant on stats provided by WA Research
- Re-launch the online peer exchange sessions, after conducting an informal needs analysis amongst partners to understand how they can benefit for a peer-exchange programme and to make these sessions more relevant for Dgroups partners and users;
- Launch a pilot webinar series (with ECDPM) that will help users understand how to setup, facilitate and grow an online community;
- Continue to recruit new members, after the new organizations that have joined Dgroups in 2014.
The full report of the meeting is available for current partners on the Dgroups wiki [login required]
The good representation from across the partnership has made a real difference in this online meeting. It was very encouraging to see the renewed commitment of several Dgroups members and their active participation in the discussion. On the basis of the members’ recommendations from the meeting, the Board will elaborate the 2015 Dgroups work plan and share it with members early in January.